Searching from What You Would Like to Do
Table of Contents
On this page, we introduce tips on how to enrich online classes and activities. We do this in a form by which you can search based on what you would like to do.
On this portal site (utelecon), we bring together information useful to improving online classes and activities. The page Effective Use of Online Resources also contains various information, so please reference it together with this.
I Want to Use Tools to Arrange Classes
I Want to Create and Share Videos
There are times when you want to create videos for on-demand class material and the like. Here, we show you how to create a video. We explain concretely how to film the video, edit it (e.g., cutting, inserting captions), compress it, and share it with others.
I Want to Explain by Handwriting on a Blackboard
Here, we introduce ways to handwrite on something like an online blackboard when holding class. Roughly broken up, there are three methods.
- How to use a tablet to write on the board
- How to Use a Document Camera to Share Lecture Notes With the Class
- How to take pictures of a blackboard or whiteboard and write on it
I Want to Arrange a Way to Take Questions
By creating the proper atmosphere — for example, by using tools to facilitate taking questions and allowing people to ask anonymously — you can increase the number of questions from students, providing a more enriched learning environment. Here we introduce methods for creating an environment conducive to asking questions.
- Tips on Taking Questions in Class: Here we summarize in detail and compare different tools, which may be useful according to class size and format. We go over good points, points of caution, and tips relating to them. Specifically, we cover tools such as CommentScreen, Slido, Slack, and LINE Open Chat.
I Want to Prepare Group Presentations Online
- Preparing Group Presentations Online (in Japanese): This site introduces various online tools you can use to efficiently prepare and execute presentations carried out by multiple people.
I Want to Promote Exchange among Students Online
In order for work to go smoothly, it is also important to promote extracurricular activities, such as out-of-class group work and club activities. By making the most of online tools, it is possible to deepen relationships even more than when face to face.
- Using Online Meeting Tools to Interact: While web conferencing programs like Zoom and Webex are used often in formal situations, this page introduces some tools of a slightly different nature that can be used in online communication for informal exchange.
- How to Start an Online Study Group (in Japanese): This page introduces how students can create their own online study groups, as well as tools useful in doing this.
- Preparing Online Group Presentations (in Japanese)
- Online Tools Useful for Club Activities (in Japanese): Here we introduce different possible approaches and online tools for holding exchange, particularly for students engaged in club activities.
- オンラインツールで予定を管理する (in Japanese)