Notice on Account Revocation due to Graduation, Resignation or Change of Affiliation
Table of Contents
When you leave the University of Tokyo due to graduation, resignation, or other reasons, your UTokyo Account will be revoked and you will no longer be able to sign in. As a result, you will no longer be able to sign in to the various information systems such as Zoom and Microsoft 365 provided by the University of Tokyo that require a UTokyo Account for sign-in. After your account has been revoked, you will not be able to access any data stored in these information systems. In addition, since you will not be able to log in to your ECCS Cloud Email account after you leave the university, nor will you be able to access data stored in Gmail, Google Drive, or other services which you used in your ECCS Cloud Email account.
Also, when your affiliation changes within the University of Tokyo, your UTokyo Account or ECCS Cloud Email account may also be revoked in some cases.
Please check which of the following applies to you, and back up your data in advance if necessary.
- If you will no longer be affiliated with the University of Tokyo
- This section is for those who are leaving the University of Tokyo due to graduation, resignation, or other reasons.
- If your affiliation changes within the University of Tokyo
- This section is for those who are changing their affiliation within the University of Tokyo by admission to the Senior Division or a graduate school, or by change of status from student to faculty or staff.
If you are no longer affiliated with the University of Tokyo
If you leave the University of Tokyo due to graduation or resignation, your UTokyo Account will be revoked and you will not be able to use the various information systems. Please back up your data according to the instructions given on the “Data Backup upon Leaving the University of Tokyo” page.
Furthermore, some information systems, such as the UTokyo Antivirus License, are not automatically terminated even though you are no longer authorized to use them upon leaving the university. Please follow the instructions or each system to terminate their use.
Please refer to the ”UTokyo Antivirus License: Notes for Graduates and Leavers in FY2022” page (in Japanese) for more information on the UTokyo Antivirus License.
If your affiliation changes within the University of Tokyo
If your affiliation changes within the University of Tokyo, your UTokyo Account may or may not be revoked depending on your situation.
Students who become faculty members & faculty members who become students
The UTokyo Account is managed and assigned separately for students and faculty members. If you become a faculty member from a student or a faculty member from a student, your UTokyo Account will be revoked and a new UTokyo Account will be issued. In this case, you will need to back up your data in the same way as when you graduate or resign from the university. Please back up your data according to the instructions on the ”Data Backup upon Leaving the University of Tokyo” page.
Please note that your ECCS Cloud Email account will also be revoked and a new account will be issued. However, you can continue to use the same ECCS Cloud Email account by following the procedures described in the ”Procedure for those who wish to continue using their previous ECCS Cloud Email even after your UTokyo Account has been changed” page.
Students, faculty, and staff who change their affiliation
If you change your faculty or graduate school that you belong to, but remain a student or a faculty member, your UTokyo Account will not be revoked, and you will continue to be able to use the information systems. Therefore, there is no need to back up your data.
- This applies to students who change their faculty or graduate school as a result of admission to the Senior Division or the graduate school.
- However, if your enrollment period is interrupted when you change your affiliation, your UTokyo Account will be revoked, so please make sure to back up your data according to the instructions on the ”Data Backup upon Leaving the University of Tokyo” page.
- Depending on your employment status and other factors, some systems may not be available to you or the scope of functions you can use may be limited.
- For example, only students and faculty members employed by the University of Tokyo can install and use the Office applications under the UTokyo Microsoft License. If you no longer qualify for this due to a change in affiliation, you will no longer be able to use them.
- Your UTokyo Account will be revoked at the beginning of the month following the end of your enrollment period at the University of Tokyo. Since the period of enrollment is based on the information registered by the faculty or graduate school you belong to (the academic office for students and the personnel department for faculty and staff), please contact your faculty or graduate school if you wish to confirm the revocation date of your account.
- However, some systems such as UTAS and Personnel Information MyWeb will become unavailable at the same time as the end of the enrollment period, which is earlier than the revocation of your UTokyo Account.
- When your affiliation changes, you may not be able to use your UTokyo Account if your new affiliation is not supposed to grant UTokyo Account under its regulations, or if your UTokyo Account has not been properly registered at your new affiliation for some reason. If you wish to confirm how your UTokyo Account will be managed at your new affiliation, please contact your new faculty or graduate school in advance.
- Emeritus Professors are eligible to use the UTokyo Account. However, since the title of emeritus professors is not conferred immediately after their resignation, certain procedures must be taken regarding the registration of enrollment information. Please contact the personnel department of your affiliation for details.