Table of Contents
What is utelecon?
Welcome to utelecon.
This site aims to be a one-stop source of information for online classes and web conferencing.
Although some of the content is for the students, faculty, and staff of the University of Tokyo, we also aim to provide information useful to those off campus.
Launched in March 2020, utelecon is a portal site consolidating information on online classes and web conferencing, allowing students, faculty, and staff to smoothly adopt such services.
The faculty and staff from the University of Tokyo’s Information Technology Center, Center for Research and Development of Higher Education, the Graduate School of Arts and Sciences, the Organization for the Advancement of Liberal Arts Education (KOMEX), the First Year Education Division, Division for Information and Communication Systems, Information Systems Department, and the Information Technology Team in the Graduate School of Science all collaborated in establishing utelecon.
In addition, our students are involved as Online Education Supporters (OES) in writing articles published on utelecon and their translation into English. For details, please see the “About Online Education Supporters” section.
About each type of content
The utelecon portal consists of the following content. All pages can be accessed from each section.
Start here (Introduction)
- This section contains some basic information for people who are taking online classes for the first time at the University of Tokyo.
Systems in the University of Tokyo
- This section includes information on the services and tools used for Internet-based activities at the University of Tokyo, such as a Utokyo Account and Zoom.
Online Utilization (Internet)
- This section introduces useful tools and practical examples for those who wish to utilize online resources for a better class experience and outside study groups, among other reasons. This content aims to help various people regardless of their enrollment at the University of Tokyo.
Announcements and Events
- List of announcements and events related to online classes and conferences.
- This page is for students, faculty, and staff of the University of Tokyo. Please review this section if you have any questions or problems regarding online classes or activities.
- The “Support” page also has a chatbot (automatic response robot) function for responding to questions. You can ask questions from the widget in the lower-right corner of the screen.
- Students of the University of Tokyo are working on the support team as Common Supporters (CS). For details, please see the ”About Common Supporters” page.
List of External Publications
- Takeuchi, A and Chujo, R. (March 19, 2021). “The Expansion of On-Campus Jobs and Challenges Related to Online Learning,” (28th Cyber Symposium on Online Education and Digital Transformation in Universities, “Educational Institution DX Symposium,”) materials and video
- “UTokyo Online Classes Today” (University of Tokyo, September 29, 2020)
- “How UTokyo moved 5,000 classes online in a month” (University of Tokyo, July 20, 2020)
- Documentary: “Why the University of Tokyo’s online classes were a success” (UmeeT, July 8, 2020)