Using Webex with Video Conferencing Systems
Table of Contents
This page describes how to connect your video conferencing system (H.323 device, Polycom, TANDBERG, etc.), installed in some lecture rooms and conference rooms, to a Webex meeting.
The functions available while joining the meeting via a video conferencing system are limited.
You can join Webex Webinars as a host, a co-host, a presenter, or a panelist, but not as a participant (audience).
Joining a meeting via a video conferencing system
- Call 18.104.22.168 (or the IP address given by the host) from the video conferencing system.
- Following the announcement, enter the meeting number given by the host, and add # at the end.
- If a password is required, while following the announcement, enter the password given by the host, and add # at the end.
- If the meeting has not started, the call will be automatically disconnected.
Starting a meeting from a video conferencing system
- If you enter the host key instead of the password in the third step of “Joining a meeting via a video conferencing system” described above, you can start a meeting.
- However, starting a meeting from a video conferencing system is not recommended because of the limited functions available when using the video conferencing system.
Functions available while joining or hosting a meeting via a video conferencing system
- When you turn on content sharing via the video conferencing system, the content is also shared with the host and participants who are joining via Webex.
- When participants who are joining via Webex share content, this can also be received by the participants who are joining via the video conferencing system.
- There are two mute settings; 1. one for the video conferencing system (which controls whether the video conferencing system sends audio to Webex or not), and 2. one for Webex. If these two mute settings are not deactivated, audio will not be sent via the video conferencing system.
- When you mute all the participants while using Webex, this means that the 2nd mute setting described above is activated.
- The 1st mute setting is different depending on the device, so please refer to the manual of your device.
- To activate/deactivate the 2nd mute setting, enter “*6” on the dial pad.
Functions for meeting hosts
- See “DTMF Commands for Video Device-Enabled Cisco Webex Meetings” for the functions available while hosting a meeting via a video conferencing system.
Back to How to Use Webex