Technical Support Desk
Table of Contents
- The Technical Support Desk aims to respond to inquiries regarding online classes and web conferences.
- Most inquiries will be handled by student staff (i.e. common supporters), but faculty members will take over depending on the nature of the inquiry.
- We offer assistance through chats, Zoom, and email forms. Please contact us through the channel that best suits you.
Important Notes on Privacy and Confidentiality of Information
- To ensure prompt response, initial inquiries are handled by student staff. Please keep this in mind and DO NOT include any confidential information when sending your inquiries.
- If you have an inquiry where you need to disclose confidential information, such as personal grades, please use the email form, and click on the “I would like to be supported only by faculty members” checkbox when submitting the form. A faculty member will directly respond. Please understand that response time will be longer in such cases.
- If you have any questions or concerns about examinations, please first contact your instructor or the department/graduate school that offers the examination. If you wish to contact the Technical Support Desk regarding examinations, please contact us only through the email form.
- Information obtained from inquiries will be used for replying to and performing tasks related to the inquiry. Information may be shared internally to improve future support service. Information may also be disclosed to the public in individually unidentifiable form for the purpose of introducing UTokyo’s support initiatives through case studies and statistical information, etc.. Information will not be used for any other purposes except for exceptions specified by laws and regulations.
- Student staff have signed confidentiality agreements and handle information under the control and supervision of faculty members.
Support via Chat
A chatbot (an automated response robot) or a human operator will respond to your inquiries made on a chat. The chatbot will initially respond to your inquiry. If necessary, a student operator (also called a “common supporter”) will take over and answer your questions.
- Please note that it may take longer for operators to respond, depending on inquiry volume. In such cases, please use the email form or try again at a later time.
- We use MEDiA LiNK. Co.,Ltd. ‘s sinclo chat service. Connection may sometimes become unstable. If connection does not improve after a certain period of time, please contact us through Zoom or the email form.
Support via Zoom
A student operator (also called a “common supporter”) will answer questions and offer consultation in a Zoom meeting room. You can speak, exchange text messages, and share screens with the operator. When you access the Zoom meeting room, you will first be taken to a waiting room. Please wait there for your turn.
- Please note that it may take longer to enter a meeting room, depending on inquiry volume. In such cases, please use the email form or try again at a later time.
- We do not record voices or videos of the Zoom meeting. Users are also requested not to record any voices or videos of the meeting.
- Signing into an UTokyo Account is required to access meeting room information.
Support via Email
A student operator (also called a “common supporter”) will receive your inquiry submitted through an email form, and respond to it through email. Faculty members will take over if the issue cannot be resolved by student staff. Inquiries that include confidential information such as personal grades, will be handled by faculty members. To ensure that such inquiries are directly sent to faculty members (and not opened by student operators), please click on the “I would like to be supported only by faculty members” checkbox in the email form.
FAQ（Frequently Asked Questions）
Please visit the FAQ page.
We have a Q&A forum for questions and discussions. After registration, you can view past discussions and post new questions. For registration and more, please visit “QA Forum and Mailing List for Announcements”.
Contact through Email
If the email form is not working, please send a direct email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The email will first be checked by faculty staff and, if appropriate, will be passed on to student staff. Please send your email using either the Zoom troubleshooting template or the common troubleshooting template below.
Zoom Troubleshooting Template
Name: Affiliation: (Department/Faculty/Course taken/Any other else) Position or Grade: ”Faculty Staff”/ “Student (B1, B2, etc.)” UTokyo Account(10 digits): ECCS Cloud Email Address: ***********(characters/numbers of your choice) @g.ecc.u-tokyo.ac.jp Can you sign in Zoom with (UTokyo Account(10 digits))@utac.u-tokyo.ac.jp? "Yes"/ "No" If "Yes", please tell us your user type and capacity: Details of inquiry:
Common Troubleshooting Template
Name: Affiliation: (Department/Faculty/Course taken/Any other else) Position or Grade: : ”Faculty Staff”/ “Student (B1, B2, etc.)” UTokyo Account(10 digits): Details of inquiry : Please provide the following information as far as possible. a) Which system (e.g. UTAS, Webex) support are you seeking? b) What did you try to do? If possible, please name the materials and websites that you referred to. c) Please describe the problem in detail.