Table of Contents
When you log in, the following time table will be displayed. This timetable is from October 2022, when there was no class. If you select “2022” for “Academic year” and “S1” for “Term/Semester” in the red square pull-down menu in the figure, you can check the classes scheduled to be offered in the S semester in 2022. “Term/Semester” are specified in terms of terms, but for S semester classes, the same class will be displayed in both “S1” and “S2”.Procedure If you select “Academic year” and “Term/Semester”, the classes registered in UTAS will be displayed as shown above. There are lectures in Tuesday 2nd period and Thursday 4th period. Clicking on each class will allow you to register lecture content and make settings for the lecture (called “course” in the LMS manuals, etc.).
When you have multiple classes in the same period
In Tuesday 2nd period, you can see two lectures registered in the same frame. This may be the case for classes that are offered by different departments under different names. If you register them in the same course group using the “Course group registration” function, you can treat it as one course (you can see two courses in the same frame even after registering the course group).
To see how to use “Course group registration”, go to the “Manual” link in the red square on the screen, download the PDF file “ITC-LMS_Instructor Manual” from the page, and refer to “11.1 Course Group Registration.” Procedure
- Register the course group before you start using it (when there is no content). If you have started using it, you will need to delete the contents with the “Delete all contents” function.
- The manual states that “The following operations are unnecessary because multiple main subjects are automatically grouped.” However, they are often not grouped automatically due to the settings on UTAS.
- After registering a course group, you may see multiple courses in the same frame of the time table, but clicking any of them will be the same.
When your class does not show on the time table at the designated time
We have listed some possible reasons & solutions in case your class does not show on the timetable.
- Since there is time until the beginning of the term, it has not been registered in the system yet.
- In this case, classes are still not registered in UTAS. Please check the information present on UTAS.
- Multiple people are in charge of the class, but does not register you as the instructor on UTAS. (Only one out of the multiple instructors are registered on UTAS)
- If the teacher who is in charge of the class registers your account in ITC-LMS with the authority of “Instructor”, it will show in the time table. The teacher in charge can search and specify the user to be registered by name, but if there are people with the same names, it is also possible to search by the Common ID.
- The class has a fixed weekday time, but the class time/period is not registered on UTAS.
- Please check whether or not the course is included in “Intensive course etc.” at the bottom of the attendance table.