Table of Contents
What is ITC-LMS
[ITC-LMS] (https://itc-lms.ecc.u-tokyo.ac.jp/) is a learning management system of the University of Tokyo. Features of ITC-LMS include distribution of lecture materials, submission of assignments, online examinations, and notification from faculty members to students. Students need to be able to use this system to take online classes smoothly. In particular, to receive notices from instructors, students should enable notification settings following the instructions below.
(For instructors) Advantages of using ITC-LMS
Services of ITC-LMS are similar to other ICT class support tools. Noteworthy is that the system is linked to UTokyo Account and the Academic Affair System (UTAS) for course registration. This makes it very easy to pass information only to “students of UTokyo” or only to “students enrolled in the course”. It is presumed that almost every first or second year undergraduates have used this system. In other words, the penetration rate of ITC-LMS is high among students. When distributing lecture materials and collecting/returning assignments, using ITC-LMS is highly recommended.
- Go to ITC-LMSand click "Login".
- When asked to enter your username and password, enter your UTokyo Account (10-digit common ID) information.
To receive notices from instructors, students should enable the notification function following the instructions below. LINE notification is also available. If instructors enable the notification function, they will also receive notifications concerning assignment submissions.
- After signing in, click "Settings" on the upper right.
- You can set up how to receive notification about class material uploads and class announcements. If you want to receive notification via LINE, click "Connect LINE" in the "SNS Account" field, and set up to receive notifications on ITC-LMS via LINE.
Help when this procedure does not work
- The screen returns to the previous page or turns white in the middle of the process after clicking "Connect LINE": There is a problem on the linkage with LINE. Please try again from the beginning. For more details, please refer to the ITC-LMS announcement "LINE linkage registration fails (only in Japanese)".
- The "Linked email address" in the "Forwarding email address" field is not displayed: Your email address registered in UTAS will be reflected on the system a day after the registration. If you have just registered, try again on the following day.
(For Instructors) How to Use
All courses registered in UTAS are automatically registered in ITC-LMS for use.